Hike Through Remarkable Tibet Tour (10 Days)
Beijing - Lhasa – Ganden
Take the most remarkable trekking tour imaginable from Ganden to Samye. While on path you will experience the most mesmerizing scenery nature has to offer. You will also step foot on the world-famous Potala Palace and witness other architectural wonders along the way.
Arrive to your gateway city o f Beijing only to transfer to Lhasa, Tibet.
Today you will only begin to discover Lhasa, the centre of Tibetan world. You will first visit the Dalai Lama’s former seat, the Potala Palace. Followed by a visit to Jokhang Temple, the most sacred temple in the whole of Tibet and not to mention the first. Next you will stop by the Barkhor Market.
On this day you will do more sightseeing in Lhasa. The first stop is one of ‘The Three Pillars’ of the Tibetan State, the Drepung Monastery. Next visit the Sera Monastery one of Lhasa’s two Gelugpa monasteries.
Today you will move on to the next destination about forty kilometers east of Lhasa, Ganden. Here you will have time to relax and acclimate to the new altitude and then you will visit the monastery.
Trekking begins today from Ganden Kora. From this point we will just trek along the trail meanwhile admiring the serenity.
Trekking along the valley will continue today. You will hike through a steep gully and then climb over the Shug La where our descent begins. You will conquer the Shug La and then you will continue forward across the Tsotup Chu and finally you will reach the campsite.
The trekking continues towards the Chitu La pass. Tonight you will camp out in the field near a calm stream.
You will have the opportunity to smell the fresh air and enjoy the green scenery ahead. You will eventually be completely surrounded by trees. Later you will arrive to Changtang ultimately making your way to Samye Monastery.
Today you will hire a car and then drive to the third largest town in Tibet, Tsedang. This village lies in the indispensable Yarlung Valley where we will spend the night. Day 10 Today you have time to relax until it is time to head to the airport. Farewell Tibet.
- Private air-conditioned van in each city
- Bottled local mineral water on car
- Licensed English-speaking local guide in each city
- Admissions to the sightseeing places shown above
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Tibet
- International airfares & Domestic airfare
- Chinese Visa
- Gratuities to the guides and drivers
- Extra beverages
- Meals shown on own
- Luggage overweight (checked luggage limit for domestic flights: 20 kilos/44 pounds per person)
- A deposit of USD 500 per person is required to secure a reservation. Deposits are non-refundable, unless a trip is canceled by Destination China.
- Complete payment is required 60 days prior to departure.
- Tour prices are per person and based on double occupancy.
- Cancellation policy:
- 61 days or more prior to trip departure - Loss of deposit
- Between 45 - 60 days prior to trip departure - 50% of total tour price will be forfeited
- Less than 30 days prior to trip departure - no refund
- The prices listed are based on the costs and exchange rates current at the time of inquiry. Destination China reserves the right to adjust rates without prior notice.