Genghis Khan Tour (12 Days)
Beijing – Manzhouli – Northern China – Beijing
If you like riding motorcycles, camping, drinking and just being a man then get in our motorcycle tour reliving Genghis Khan's trip from Mongolia to conquering the Great Wall surrounding Beijing.
We will pick you up from Beijing’s International Airport and escort you to your luxurious hotel. Here you can have a relaxing dinner and some drinks while you get to know the staff and the rest of your group members.
You will take a short flight from Beijing to the Northern part of Inner Mongolia, the city of Manzhouli, where your bikes will be waiting for you. Here you will begin your bike adventure, with a 100 km ride to a traditional Yurt camp where you will try some local food and drinks.
Day 3, 4, and 5
Ride through the wild grasslands and thrilling terrain of Northern China following in the steps of Genghis Khan and his army to approach the country’s capital of Beijing. And what’s a better way of experiencing the nature and beauty of this region and adventure than camping and living in the great outdoors on your way to the capital.
Stay in a village and enjoy the local food and hospitality of the local people. Take a break from camping life and stay in wonderful local accommodations where you can catch up on showering and sleeping (if needed).
Day 7, 8
Get back out to the wild for two more days and see the scenery change as you get closer and closer to your destination of Beijing. Once again you will be able to sleep under the stars next to a great campfire and have some fun.
Celebrate the end of your victorious adventure as you ride up close to the gigantic great wall surrounding Beijing. Take your time hiking on the Great Wall all afternoon. Then in the evening enjoy superb, traditional and private courtyard with working showers and a restaurant.
Ride through northern Beijing’s roads into the ancient city center where you will stay in a traditional courtyard close to the Forbidden City. Then take the evening to enjoy the great international city at your own pace.
During the day take a tour of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen, or have a nap, or go shopping for souvenirs. The day is yours, but at night get ready to celebrate your journey with your fellow comrades on your last night in China.
We will take you to Beijing’s International Airport and see you off to your home country.
- Full bike rental, petrol and oil
- Two riding guides
- Two support vehicles and drivers
- Support service staff
- Accompanying mechanic and spares
- Tents, swags, sleeping bags, camp chairs/tables
- Full camp kitchen
- All meals on the ride
- Quality steaks, ribs and cutlets, fire grilled nightly
- Local beer and fireside "Jack"
- Daily breakfast of bacon and eggs Brewed coffee and Chinese tea
- Local restaurant lunches, dumplings, noodles, stir fries, hearty Chinese countryfood
- All accommodation upcountry
- International airfares & Domestic airfare in China
- Chinese Visa
- Gratuities to the guides and drivers
- Extra beverages
- Meals shown on own
- Luggage overweight (checked luggage limit for domestic flights: 20 kilos/44 pounds per person)
- Everyone must have riding experience and hold a valid motorcycle drivers licensefrom their country of origin.
- Bring all your own riding gear, jackets gloves, boots, helmet (if you like but not mandatory in China)
- You need to arrange your own travel insurance which includes travel by motorcycle and we will require documentation as confirmation
- Personal expenses besides those outlined in "Trip Inclusions" are rider's responsibility
- A minimum 10 and maximum 12 riders per group applies
- A deposit of USD 500 per person is required to secure a reservation. Deposits are non-refundable, unless a trip is canceled by Destination China.
- Complete payment is required 60 days prior to departure.
- Tour prices are per person and based on double occupancy.
- Cancellation policy:
- 61 days or more prior to trip departure - Loss of deposit
- Between 45 - 60 days prior to trip departure - 50% of total tour price will be forfeited
- Less than 30 days prior to trip departure - no refund
- The prices listed are based on the costs and exchange rates current at the time of inquiry. Destination China reserves the right to adjust rates without prior notice.